Responsible to provide the respective departments with administrative and technical support. Assists and coordinates special projects and provides support to other departments as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees are preferred. A minimum of three years of secretarial experience is required. Degree or certification from an accredited or relevant certified training program... Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications are required.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Conducts research, prepares statistical reports, handles information requests and performs clerical functions such as maintaining required documentation, sorting/distributing mail, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. May make travel arrangements as necessary.
- Ensures timely submission, logging and tracking of all Center contract deliverables, requests, reports and correspondence. Drafts write and proofs correspondence. Responsible for the quality of internal/external communications with the Corporate Office, Department of Labor and outside organizations.
- Maintains Job Corps/Company systems and libraries which may include CIS, OA, CTS, CSSR, SMR, ABRA, MAS200, FMS, eRequester, School Dude, PRH, JC Program Instructions, JC Information Notices, Regional directives and SOPs.
- Ensures that area is organized, clean, safe and conducive to student/staff success
- Prepares coordinates and distributes Center’s weekly newsletter. Works with Center staff to obtain newsletter articles and Center highlights. Prepares and distributes
Accounting Administrative Customer Service and Support