Do you want to work on cutting edge research in computer vision, deep learning and machine learning to solve document understanding? Come join the world class researchers and academics in the AWS AI Labs: Vision team who are developing the science that powers Amazon Textract!
AWS, the world-leading provider of cloud services, has fostered the creation and growth of countless new businesses, and is a positive force for good. Our customers bring problems that will give Applied Scientists like you endless opportunities to see your research have a positive and immediate impact in the world. You will have the opportunity to partner with technology and business teams to solve real-world problems, have access to virtually endless data and computational resources, and to world-class engineers and developers that can help bring your ideas into the world. As part of the team, we expect that you will develop innovative solutions to hard problems, and publish your findings at peer reviewed conferences and workshops.
Our research themes include, but are not limited to: unsupervised, self-supervised and semi-supervised methods, active learning and semi-automated data annotation, document OCR and scene text recognition, visual question answering (VQA), document VQA, multimodal approaches using vision and language, extracting tabular data from documents, document understanding, and layout understanding.
We are located in the USA (Seattle, Pasadena, Bay Area), Israel (Haifa and Tel Aviv), and Canada (Vancouver).BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
* Minimum 3+ years of research experience or 2+ years of work experience developing and commercializing computer vision or deep learning
* 2+ years of experience implementing computer vision or deep learning algorithms in C++, C, Python or equivalent programming languagesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience with OCR, scene text detection, extraction of structured data such as tables from documents, document understanding, VQA and document VQA models
* Experience with deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MxNet
* Experience with conducting research in a corporate setting
* Excellent publication record in peer reviewed conferences and journals
* Proven expertise in conducting independent research and building computer vision systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.