Plenty of Fish is one of the world's leading online dating platforms with millions of daily active members. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com
, NASDAQ: MTCH.) Plenty of Fish is about to embark on an exciting technology journey, as we shift to a microservices architecture, from .NET to .NET Core, and continue down the path towards having even more automation, transparency and autonomy.
As a Backend Engineer you'll be joining one of our cross-functional squads, each with their own exciting area of focus. You will be responsible for creating, enhancing and maintaining our services, which includes but is not limited to working on new product features and enhancing and maintaining our systems. The services, tools and libraries you build and support will be utilized with millions of requests a day, so scale and availability are really important to us.
So, what will you do?
- Design, implement and test solutions to highly complex problems for securing the overall ecosystem.
- Build high-performance, high-available and mission-critical applications. We're small enough that you can make a real impact on what we develop.
- Participate in application design using service-oriented or microservice architecture design principles.
- Understand the tech stack and future technical visions.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to improve performance, security, and scalability of software and services.
- Build tools and automation to enhance serviceability and observability of our applications and services.
- Contribute to the enhancement of our Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and development lifecycle.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise and help facilitate constant learning.
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 4+ years of professional experience as an Application Engineer using .NET and .NET Core with C#
- You have a good understanding and ideally some hands-on experience building microservices
- You have experience with building Restful APIs
- You have experience with building applications at scale
- You have database development experience both relational databases and NoSQL databases, like MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or Redis
- Experience building event driven systems using Kafka or another message queuing system
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker
- You have experience with writing unit tests and integration tests to test your own code
- You are security aware and understand that protecting confidential data is paramount
- Experience with payment processing systems or have interfaced with stores like iTunes or Google Play would be an asset
- Experience with Cloud technologies
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com
), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.