BAND 1 - Communications Specialist, Multilanguage Services - French
Band 1 OIC
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$57,100.09 - $81,400.18 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Government Communication and Public Engagement
Ministry Branch / Division
GCPE - Strategic Communications Division
Job Summary Communications Specialist, Multilanguage Services - French
Management Band 1 OIC
This position is currently under classification review.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
The starting salary for this position is $57,100.09 - $63,175.11 annually, and will be determined by the successful candidate's relevant education and experience.
This position has the option of being based in one of the GCPE offices in Victoria or Vancouver.Telework options may be available upon successful completion of a probationary period. Telework is voluntary with conditions.
If you are fluent inTraditional Chinese
, we have an opportunity available in Victoria and/or Vancouver, please apply here: Requisition 91118 .
If you are fluent inPunjabi
, we have an opportunity available in Victoria and/or Vancouver, please apply here: Requisition 91134 .A step in the right direction to further your career in communications
Government Communications and Public Engagement (GCPE) is a dynamic, progressive organization that supports the government in its ongoing dialogue with British Columbians. GCPE leads and coordinates government communications and public engagement through three divisions: Communications Operations, Strategic Communications and Corporate Priorities.
The Communications Specialist, Multilanguage Services is responsible for providing clear, accurate and timely information regarding high priority topics in one of the following languages across government communication channels: French, Traditional Chinese or Punjabi.
The Communication Specialist creates various types of written content in the language of their specialty: French, working quickly to translate, proofread and deliver work in a fast-paced environment.
Managing multiple projects and working collaboratively across teams to meet tight deadlines is the norm in this role. Initiative, independent judgment, good political acumen and strong attention to detail are all vital to success in this position.If you are a communications professional with the collaborative skills and the initiative required to succeed in this busy, high profile environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.For specific position related enquiries, please contact Masha.Kaur@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
.For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Related work experience* must include ALL of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (linguistics, languages, journalism, public relations, public policy, political science, writing, or communications-related discipline) AND two (2) years or more related work experience* is required; OR,
- Diploma in a related field (linguistics, languages, journalism, public relations, public policy, political science, writing, or communications-related discipline) AND four (4) years or more related work experience* is required; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience preparing written communications (e.g.: news releases, publications, social media, website content, or equivalent products)
- Experience translating English materials into French with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience copy editing and proofreading communications materials, applying style guides and incorporating key messages
- Experience creating, managing or moderating social media content
- Experience working with a team to complete communications projects with multiple deliverables
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience writing plain-language website content
- Experience using translation technologies and/or software
- Experience applying the Official Languages Act
- Experience in communications for a large organization
- Additional experience and knowledge of any of the following languages: Traditional or Simplified Chinese, Arabic, Farsi, Hindi, Punjabi, Korean, Spanish, Vietnamese, Japanese or Tagalog
- Membership in an association affiliated with the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council and/or possession of a nationally-recognized accreditation
- Prior work experience in Government Communications and Public Engagement
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES -
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Communications, Human Resources, Leadership and Management
Government Sales and Marketing