The Seller Growth and Development (SG&D) team within the SPS organization is responsible for building a strong Business Intelligence and Analytics group. The manager will be enable business analytics and insights, providing data and data curation capabilities to unlock strategic growth opportunities for SG&D. We are developing and launching innovative products that enable 100K+ Sellers a better understanding of their most important customers. The Manager of the Business Intelligence and Analytics group will need to apply their hands on ownership, hiring and coaching success to optimize deliverables for this 6+ person team.
The SG&D team is looking for a Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics group to lead a team of Business Intelligence Engineers, we are looking for an experienced manager to join our organization and lead our team of Business Intelligence Engineers that will unlock insights which take our products and programs to the next level. The ideal candidate will be skilled at building teams and growing individuals. They will partner with key stakeholders to dive deep into the technology and business challenges, in order to identify insights that will drive product and program strategy. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, as well as outstanding business acumen. The ideal candidate is curious and seeks out data to understand the business use cases and impact on SPS organization. They challenge assumptions and turn conjecture and anecdotes into data-supported facts. They are experts in partnering and earning trust with internal business leaders to drive key business decisions.
- Work with BIEs, DEs, PMTs, PMs, SDEs and leadership to identify and acquire datasets of interest.
- Define and develop a roadmap, key success metrics and goals.
- Build a BIE team to define and support datasets, metrics, and KPIs supporting business goals.
- Develop relevant and defensible metrics and KPIs that drive and track business strategy.
- Define and develop dashboards and visualization for key metrics and KPIs.
- Develop mechanisms for the team to come up with new ideas for seller recommendations, prototype and launch them.
• Bachelor's degree in Data, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting or a related field or equivalent experience
• 6+ years of relevant experience in data analytics, data science, or related field
• 4+ years of experience in building, managing, and growing teams of Business Intelligence Engineers and/or Analysts or Data Engineers
• Proficiency in SQL
• Understanding of data engineering pipelines and building dashboards for data visualization
• Advanced knowledge and expertise of SQL and Excel
• Knowledge and expertise of a scripting language (Python,R,etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize workload
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in relational and dimensional datasets, data warehouses, and ETL techniques to deliver BI solutions in a business environment with large-scale complex datasets
• Experience with AWS data warehouse and reporting technologies like Redshift, Athena, S3, etc.
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insight for a consumer business
• Expertise in data modeling
• Experience with predictive analytics, ML or econometrics
• Advanced SQL skills
• Passion for data-driven research and inquiry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.