Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Fredericton; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Toronto; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be. Are you an experienced Chief Financial Officer with sharp technical and analytical skills and an exceptional client-service orientation based on trust and integrity? Join our Operate Finance team today.What will your typical day look like?
In joining our team, you will play an integral part of the engagement team for clients working across all industries. You will help businesses grow and succeed with the provision of comprehensive financial solutions, including outsourcing of accounting and finance functions and business advisory services. Thanks to the diversity of our client engagements, the scope of your role may include the responsibilities summarized below:
About the team
- Responsible for all financial functions of the organization - financial reporting, tax, treasury, capital structure, risk management
- Work with the senior executive team of the organization and manage the corporate budgeting and forecasting process
- Oversee reporting of financial information to all stakeholders
- Arrange and manage financial relationships with banks and investors
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintain the integrity of the accounting system and inputs
- Understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
- Supervising and mentoring accounting teams
- Client relations
- Business development
- Ad hoc
Operate Finance is part of Deloitte's Assurance business and provides client service solutions to private enterprises across a variety of industries. Members of the team will be engaging in their daily responsibilities primarily from home. Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are a senior accounting practitioner with the following education, experience and attributes:
Our shared values
- Professional accounting designation required
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience; previous accounting firm experience a strong asset
- 5+ years of senior management and leadership experience
- Operational experience
- Business development experience
- Accounting software literacy and ability to transact in multiple programs, and propensity to learn new software, as required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of MS Office Suite proficiency (e.g., MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities leveraging sound attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Experience understanding, developing, implementing and monitoring an adequate control environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, as well as, on a team
- Experience working in technology and life science industry is an asset.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Executive, Financial, Developer, Equity, Law, Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Management and Executive