The Opportunity WSP
is currently seeking for a Civil Engineering Technologist (NOC 22300)
for our Transportation and Infrastructure group. This position is based in our Whitehorse office, reporting to the Manager of Municipal Engineering, Yukon. The person in this position will be responsible to work on municipal projects with a focus on public clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, municipal roads, and land development. The position will require working both in the office and in the field.
This is your opportunity to join a premier consulting firm in a location with incredible landscapes, short commutes, and world class outdoor adventure opportunities right from your doorstep. Whitehorse
offers outstanding outdoor recreational pursuits during all phases of the year. This includes hiking, dogsledding, fishing, and hunting, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, canoeing and kayaking, and many more. The location for this role is Whitehorse, Yukon. We welcome applicants from across Canada; relocation assistance to Whitehorse will be considered. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging.
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Develop conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
- Conduct or supervise inspection and testing of construction materials
- Administer construction contracts, monitor and inspect construction projects.
- Assist in developing engineering specifications and drawings
- The position is full time at 37.5 hours per week year-round, plus overtime as required during the construction season
- A civil engineering technologist diploma from an accredited college at a minimum;
- Technical experience with Autodesk Civil 3D, with a focus on pipe networks, alignments, corridors, surface editing and design, and importing survey data;
- Eligibility for membership/certification in ASET, ASTTBC, CTTAM, OACETT or Engineers Yukon
- Knowledge of survey techniques and instruments;
- Progressive experience with a mix of design, project management and construction experience;
- 2+ years of experience in construction inspection, construction management, and/or production of construction contract documents;
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Valid drivers' licence.
- Expected Salary (Yukon): $34.00 - $38.00/hr
- This position is eligible for overtime pay (1.5 times regular pay after 40 hrs per week or 8 hrs per day) as per Yukon's occupational regulations
- WSP offers full time benefits including health insurance, RRSP contribution matching, and an opportunity to become a WSP Shareholder through a program offered by our benefits partner
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Maintenance and Technicians