CLK 09R - Team Assistant
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Saanichton, BC V8M2A5 CA
Sooke, BC V9Z 0M8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$45,647.93 - $51,427.75 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
SDA 31 South Vancouver Island
Job Summary Team Assistant
An eligibility list may be established for future regular and temporary vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Advance your administrative career with this rewarding opportunityDo you have a desire to make a difference in someone's life? Do you have excellent customer service skills and strong administrative abilities?
The Ministry of Children and Family Development promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
The Team Assistanthas a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office.The position reports to the Office Manager, and receives direction from multiple stakeholders that include: social workers, Team Leaders, Managers and the immediate supervisor. The position is the point of contact for client intake which includes the general public.
The position requires an understanding of the challenges faced by clients, and potential clients, of the services and programs being offered and how the social services office relates outside the Ministry; with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
Insert program specific bullets here as necessary. The Screening questionnaire may be adapted to capture preferred qualifications related to program areas.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kathleen.Mcphie@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experienceas outlined below:
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (GED). Consideration may be given for completion of an Administrative Business Skills course or program as experience equivalency.
• One (1) year of administrative support experience in an office environment using various computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype).
• Experience providing quality customer or client service, carrying out duties and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated experience working independently and in a team environment with other professional staff, clients, and service providers.Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
• Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration or in a related field.
• Administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human/social services setting.
• One (1) year experience using computer applications such as: Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information Systems (MIS) computer applications.
• One (1) year (within the last three (3) years) recent office administrative support experience using various computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype)Proviso
• Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Administrative Services, Social Services
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians