Assembly is searching for an experienced Content Manager to join their marketing team.
Assembly, an award-winning division of St. Joseph Communications, is searching for an experienced Content Manager to join their marketing team. While this role is editorial, we're a digital publishing company that lives on the leading edge of technology. The successful candidate will work as a whip-smart wordsmith who's comfortable with all aspects of the digital publishing process, from WordPress to Chat GPT and more. What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you're signing up for before you apply, right? This is what you need to know. As Content Manager, you'll be responsible for the following:
After one week
- Working with the Marketing team to identify content opportunities at scale to deliver the best-performing content campaigns possible
- Using AI such as Chat GPT to create content briefs, article summaries, etc.
- Providing feedback to tech team members to update existing tools and conceptualize new technologies to improve the digital publishing experience
- Uploading and editing new and existing content for multiple properties.
- Reviewing sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and the accuracy of articles
- Liaising and communicating with writers
- Managing data in a content management system
- Ensuring tags and SEO are set for all publications.
- Working with image coordinators to ensure their workflow isn't impeded
- Publishing and updating content to ensure deadlines and goals are consistently met.
- Reading up on upcoming trends and news topics that could be relevant to our properties.
You'll understand the basics of Assembly and our websites and how vital your role is to the company. After one month
You will be well integrated within the Marketing team and will have mastered the tools used to get the job done.
Take ownership of editing and publishing one or more properties. After six months
You'll be able to seek out new innovations and publishing trends.
You will confidently contribute to Assembly's publishing process and business objectives. What would we like to see in you?
- Fluency in English (reading, writing, and speaking).
- A firm grasp of the mechanics of the English language.
- Willing to take the initiative and interested in improving existing processes.
- Thrive when there are various projects on the go at once and organized enough to manage them.
- Proven expertise in WordPress
- Demonstrated ability to not only navigate and utilize WP effectively but also to troubleshoot issues, optimize, and train others if necessary
- Confident capabilities with Gsuite
- An understanding of AI writing tools such as GPT and experience with prompts
- Ability to conduct competitive research and use internal analysis tools to identify new content topics to publish and existing articles to optimize.
- A background in writing and editing, preferably with either a degree or relevant experience.
- Previous experience working within a marketing team is an asset
- Previous experience with social media and newsletters is an asset
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! SJC Values
- Amaze our customers: We put our customers' evolving needs at the heart of the business and inspire through our ideas, quality and service.
- Be relentlessly curious: We take the initiative to learn, try new things and brainstorm the next big idea.
- Respect every individual as equal: We value diversity as the means to creativity and cultivate a collaborative environment where everyone belongs.
- Innovate and adapt with urgency: Forward-thinking and flexible, we react quickly and boldly to change.
- Contribute to our community: We apply our resources and passions to make a difference - for people and our planet.
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and online health & wellness resources with Homewood Health
- Scholarship program for employees' children
- Exclusive employee magazine subscription rates
- 1-year complimentary Toronto Life Insider membership
- Discounted annual GoodLife membership
- Perkopolis Perk Program and employee pricing at major retailers
Accommodations at SJC
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. Inclusion at SJC
Equality and respect for all is one of our founding values and core beliefs at SJC. We are a diverse group with associates of all ages, orientations, races and talents. We celebrate this diversity and we draw strength from it. Inclusivity at SJC means fostering a culture that welcomes and respects each individual as equal - both inside our walls and within the larger community. Please visit us at: www.stjoseph.com/careers/content-manager/ to apply Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Entry Level, Junior Level, Intermediate Level