Requisition ID: 148911
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. District Vice President, Scotiabank - St LawrenceDistrict
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to lead a team of experts in financial advice and service delivery and help make Scotiabank the leading financial institution of choice in Canada.
We are looking for an engaging leader to take the helm of the ongoing growth of the St LawrenceDistrict. The District Vice President (DVP) is responsible for leading the retail and small business service delivery teams working in the branches. They also provide leadership to ensure excellence in sales and advisory activities to deepen customer and partner relationships, while supporting commitment and accountability within the branch network.
Coaching is critical to our success. Based in the district, the DVP visits branches regularly to support the achievement of challenging financial and non-financial goals set for each branch.
The DVP is responsible for ensuring the achievement of the district's branch objectives for profitable growth of the personal and small business account portfolio, as well as the achievement of customer experience, human resource engagement and development, and operational efficiency objectives. He/she provides leadership to the Branch Managers in line with the overall Canadian Network strategy of promoting a collaborative, customer-focused sales culture. One of his/her primary functions is to ensure the integration and support of sales and service management activities across the district. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, lead and manage a team of Branch Managers.
- Develops tactical plans that support the overall strategy and direction of the region and the Canadian Network and contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
- Leads the implementation of tactical plans and initiatives in the district
- Set challenging goals for managers and monitor the achievement of goals.
- Profile the district market through internal and external sources
- Contribute as a senior leader to the strategic direction of the Quebec and Eastern Ontario Region
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- In-depth knowledge of the Canadian financial services market and detailed knowledge of the retail and small business market sectors
- Strong knowledge of coaching and sales management techniques and demonstrated ability to engage and mobilize
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team to achieve objectives
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate and effectively communicate ideas to all levels of the organization (English)
- French would be considered an asset
What we offer
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- The opportunity to join a growing organization, where you will collaborate with a team of leaders.
- The opportunity to be part of an organization that is committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in our communities and employees.
- A rewarding career path and diverse professional development opportunities.
- The assurance that your hard work will be recognized and rewarded. Internal training and support from your managers, with whom you will have meaningful conversations about your development to help you grow.
- A competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Executive, VP, Equity, Manager, Sales Consultant, Management, Finance, Sales
Management and Executive