Position Summary DOCUMENTATION CLERK Job ID: 4063 REGULAR / FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** DOCUMENTATION CLERK: POSITION SUMMARY
The Documentation Clerk is responsible for processing documentation such as tenant move-outs, building inspections, Declarations of Income and Assets, pet registration, tenant chargebacks, and accounts payable invoices. He/She/They performs property portfolio and property maintenance support functions, provides direct face-to-face and telephone-based customer service to visitors and clients, maintains various databases and current tenant files, and provides general operational support.
Positions are located in different work centres. The full range of duties may not be performed at all times, as incumbents will be assigned in accordance with operational requirements. However, incumbents can expect to rotate through all functions and are required to be knowledgeable of all duties. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Minimum two years varied clerical experience in related office administration, including contact with diverse members of the public.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer.
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration.
- Sound practical knowledge of Windows based programs including Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants.
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Ability to type minimum 50 wpm.
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment.
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced a n interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians