Town of Watson Lake
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR II
Job Title: Equipment Operator II
Department: Public Works
Salary: 29.31/hr 40 hrs/week
This position is responsible for operating heavy equipment which includes trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, snow plow truck, and other pieces of equipment. The incumbent must also clean, complete basic maintenance and secure all equipment as directed by the Public Works Manager.
Main Duties include:
Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required.
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored.
- Advise the Public Works Manager of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Participate in routine maintenance and clean-up of public works shop.
- Practice workplace safety at all times.
- Assist with the maintenance of inventory.
- Deal with residents and members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner. This includes making note and reporting complaints about schedules, levels, and quality of service to pass on to the Public Works Manager.
- Maintain roads in order to ensure safe roadways within the municipality.
- Ensure access to houses, water supply and waste sites.
- Maintain easements.
- Perform pre-winter, winter, spring and summer maintenance on roads.
Use equipment for snow removal.
- Use equipment to level roads and ensure proper drainage.
Minimum Grade 12 graduate or grade 12 equivalent
Minimum 5years experience in the operation of heavy equipment.
- Minimum 3years experience in the operation of a grader with a wing attachment.
- Minimum 3years experience in the operation of a plow truck.
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety.
- Knowledge of water, sewer and garbage truck operations.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage.
- Ability to operate tandem axel trucks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of record keeping systems.
Licenses, Certificates and Courses Required
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Heavy Equipment Operators Certificate.
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR (or willingness to obtain)
Standby and Callout duties apply.
The Town of Watson Lake is unionized. The successful applicant will be obligated to become a union member under the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
The role is currently available to Canadian residents only
Closing Date: Tuesday, August 27 ,2019 at 4:00 pm
Please email your resume directly to the Town of Watson Lake at email@example.com" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 867-536-7522