EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by a US$1B investment in technology and innovation, EY is primed to guide clients in their efforts to drive sustainable growth, create new value, and build new and better ways of working.
As part of Client Technology, you'll collaborate with engagement teams, blending EY's deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you'll be at the forefront of integrating technology into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices and the chance to make a real impact. The opportunity
We are seeking associate Product Engineers for a brand-new technology development hub being established in Vancouver. This new technology centre will work closely with EY Canada business counterparts and the EY Global Client Technology teams to drive profitable revenue growth and enable market differentiation through asset-powered solutions. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We partner with business teams to marry their client knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities and technology expertise and to scale and industrialize these to provide technology solutions for the benefit of EY's clients globally. Your key responsibilities
As a Product Engineer @EYT, you will participate in project teams through all phases of a project:
• Design & develop resilient, scalable, multi-tenant micro-services
• Set up and perform testing (A/B, unit, Integration, performance and tuning) to enable high performance / low latency services
• Inline documentation in code and code reviews to improve coding standards / performance
• Work alongside a team of Engineers in delivering products globally
• Experiment with emerging technology
• Participate in hackathons
• Help transform EY Technology into a product organization
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to: To qualify for the role you must have
• Engineer algorithms and data structures, problem solve, and build to scale • Knowledge of:
• Handle ambiguity and progress with imperfect information
• Produce clean, re-usable code
• Learn project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and execution
• Experience in build/CI/CD tools
• One or many scripting languages and Operating Systems
• Data modelling, database technologies and data visualization/analysis
• DevOps, Agile/Scrum
• Cloud computing, OpenStack and application, infrastructure and resilience
• Software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
• Machine Learning
• An undergraduate and/or master's degree in Computer Science or a related field (required)
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills
• High level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
• Available to travel within and outside of Canada as as work in excess of standard hours when necessary due to global nature and demands of work
Applications will close on September 26, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST.
Make your mark. Apply Today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance