Facebook Media Buyer - REMOTE
Location: Planet Earth
Status: Full-time employee
Reports to: VP, Marketing StrategyThe Company
The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) eCommerce landscape is growing faster than ever before with new brands being created and launched every day. But with more brands launching, the need to stand out and scale becomes increasingly challenging.
At Strawhouse we build and grow thriving businesses rooted in expertise, speed, and human ingenuity. From concept to sustainable growth, we help eCommerce brands bring dreams to life through technical expertise and human-led collaboration.
Over the last seven years, we have pioneered a business model that allows for the best consumer products to win, generating over a billion dollars in gross merchandise volume for our brand partners.
We're not an agency, not a venture fund but something different altogether. By blending our capital, strategy, and operational expertise we drive exponential growth for our brand partners.
Strawhouse focuses on speed at scale, leveraging our deep experience to focus on Fast Moving Consumer Goods, particularly the verticals of health, wellness, and better-for-you food. Role Profile
Media Buying is the art of making calculated bets, sourcing learnings from the data, and iterating on new bets. In order to maximize growth velocity you have to spend money to make money. We are committed to ensuring every dollar we allocate is spent as efficiently as possible.
We believe that clear communication and teamwork should be embedded in all that we do. While our Media Team has ultimate ownership over the strategy and operation of the media platforms we leverage, we know that close collaboration with our Strategy and Creative teams is critical to success.
Success as a Strawhouse Facebook Media Buyer is directly tied to your ability to excel in the following areas:Paid Media Strategy
- At a holistic level, you are responsible for the definition, execution, measurement, optimization, and documentation of all paid advertising strategies for their respective brands.Media Buying
- The ability to effectively buy media on Facebook is your core competency. You can launch, optimize, and scale profitable campaigns while maintaining a proactive approach to learn about and test new features as they are released. You are excited by the opportunity to coach and mentor junior team members, supporting their development.Creativity & Innovation
- Strawhouse was founded by out-of-the-box thinkers who believe anything is possible with a little creativity and execution. This belief remains a key part of our success. You want to work with people who are aspiring thought leaders in their roles and delight in trying new things, learning, and sharing breakthroughs with each other.Collaboration & Communication
- You will work cooperatively with Full Stack Marketers and the broader Marketing team to strategize and execute on paid media campaigns. We like to use a pitcher / catcher analogy to describe this working relationship. If our Full Stack marketers are pitching overall brand strategy to the Media Buyers, our Buyers are responsible for ensuring every pitch (campaign) has a purpose and is launched to achieve a specific result. Without thoughtful, deliberate alignment between these key roles, our team doesn't win games.Data Analysis & Interpretation
- You relentlessly pursue data-driven understanding. Actually, it's probably more like an obsession! You operate with an unshakeable belief that when measured and interpreted correctly, numbers reveal objective reality.Key Accountabilities
Plan, execute, measure, and optimize paid media campaigns for eCommerce brands
- Ultimate ownership and accountability for every dollar spent on your brands, data and learnings generated
- Follow all Strawhouse Media Buying and Marketing team SOPs; contributing to refinements wherever possible
- Collaborate closely with Full Stack Marketers to achieve maximum alignment around all end-to-end marketing activities
- Work directly with the Head of Media to strategize and brainstorm new campaigns ideas, explore larger paid media opportunities
- Keep up to date on digital advertising, paid media, eCommerce, and general market trends -- sharing and debating your learnings with broader team wherever possible
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, CompSci or relevant field, or related marketing experience
- Experience managing paid media campaigns on Facebook and/or other paid traffic channels (tell us a bit about what you've run and how much you've spent)
- Facebook Blueprint Certification is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Google Data Studio, and similar tools is a big plus
- Accomplished track record of being a team player
- Evidence of self-management and effective prioritization while juggling multiple projects
- A burning desire to grow and succeed
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Competitive compensation calibrated by experience
- Comprehensive health and dental group benefits plan
Strawhouse is committed to cultivating and preserving a company culture that benefits from a breadth of diversity, equity, and inclus How to Apply
Please apply via BambooHR website: http://strawhouse.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=50
Please note that while Strawhouse sincerely welcomes interest in this vacancy, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sales and Marketing