Position Title Facilitator - Career Coach, SEED Program Posting Number 01481SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 07/01/2022 End Date 06/30/2023 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays Shift N/A Work Arrangements
Subject to confirmed funding, this contract position is for 35 hours per week commencing July 1, 2022. Must be able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and Saturdays on occasion).
This position will be based at the Douglas College Surrey location, however travel between campuses may be required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Facilitator/Career Coach provides facilitation of workplace preparation and career development sessions to prepare youth for employment opportunities as part of the YESS program. The Facilitator/Career Coach will also support participants in placements by providing on-the-job coaching where necessary.Responsibilities
• Develop and facilitate workshops for youth with multi-barrier to employment with a focus on workplace integration, job search, employability skills, long-term career planning;
• Prepare to deliver lessons face to face, online or in a hybrid format;
• Prepare learning objectives, lesson plans and class materials that reflect Canadian workplace culture and an awareness of workplace norms, expectations and success strategies;
• Facilitate digital literacy (basic computer such as Microsoft office);
• Administering and debriefing essential skills assessment scores and other assessment results to clients with a strength-based approach;
• Assist with program marketing and participant recruitment and screening;
• Support clients to research their occupational field and the local labour market;
• Identify and address clients' employment barriers, provide wrap-around referrals;
• Coach clients in effective strategies specific to their occupational goal;
• Monitor client progress as required by the contract;
• Report and track participant outcomes and activities with accuracy;
• Establish priorities, set and meet deadlines;
• Contribute to quarterly and final reporting as required;
• Collaborate with program team and assist to coordinate a calendar of events and activities, that include field trips and guest speakers;
• Source innovative and training opportunities that meet the unique needs of SEED clients;
• Work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team in the design, development and delivery of services to ensure program outcomes;
• Adapt to change requirements;
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, program participants, community service providers and employers
• Other duties in support of TG operations as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• A Bachelor's degree in a field related to social services / career development or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• Career Development Practitioner Certification preferred;
• Minimum 2 years facilitation experience delivering career development services to job seekers;
• Experience working with youth with barriers to employment, including at-risk of homelessness, aged out of care and/or concurrent barriers;
• Established network with community service providers who can provide wrap-around services is preferred;
• Knowledge and experience working with newcomers including immigrants and refugees;
• Knowledge of Canadian workplace practices, community employment related resources and current labour market knowledge across a range of industry sectors;
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic, employment focused workshops and meet targeted outcomes;
• Strong organizational skills and solid classroom management skills;
• Able to identify and address client needs and articulate them to other program staff;
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
• Knowledge of Essential Skills/Skills for Success;
• Proficient in internet research and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Proven ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team with capacity to take initiative and calmly handle changing circumstances;
• Travel within the Lower Mainland is required: access to a vehicle and valid BC Driver's license or reliable alternative transportation;
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal records check. A criminal record will not automatically result in your application for employment being denied.
Link to Full Position Profile Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/25/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/9125
Education and Training