AWS FinTech seeks a Financial Systems Developer. The ideal candidate has experience in requirements gathering, technical design, development, deployment, and integration to solve complex planning, performance management and reporting challenges. Solutions must strike the right balance between precision and speed, providing ever more scalable and granular data models, without sacrificing accuracy or agility. This position requires a high level of expertise translating business requirements into technical designs.
On the AWS FinTech team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class technology is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for data modeling and finance. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously - you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making. Candidates should be willing to innovate and be able to do the heavy lifting to implement their innovationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, or closely related field
- 4+ years of Cognos TM1 work experience in developing end-to-end analytics solutions, including system configuration, model building, data security, and reporting
- 2+ years of experience writing high-performance object-oriented Python code
- Demonstrated experience working with users in a support and development capacity
- Quick learner with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience developing hybrid business solutions that are flexible, scalable and leverage wide range of technologies
- Knowledge of software development cycle, Git version control, data structures, complexity analysis, unit test and integration tests
- Experience providing risk assessment for new functionality and enhancements, and identifying process improvement opportunities to drive innovation
- Relevant corporate finance experience exhibiting knowledge of financial planning functions and related processes
- Experience advocating and proliferating best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Familiarity with AWS tools, such as: S3, SQS, SNS, RedShift, CloudFormation, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, IAM Roles
- Knowledge of SQL, NoSQL and general DW concepts
- Familiarity and development experience with web services technologies (e.g. REST API, JSON, YAML, XML)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming