Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
This position is responsible for the troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining a variety of Caterpillar equipment in the field out of our Whitehorse, YK branch on a 14x14 continuous shift open to E08 Whitehorse employees only.Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- This individual will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing Caterpillar mining and general line equipment in the field
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current Collective Agreement**
- J ourneyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification coupled with previous general line experience
- Previous Caterpillar and general line equipment repair experience
- Completion, or be in the process of completing Finning S-level courses
- Previous field experience with construction equipment and experience with Bucyrus shovels, drills and mining equipment is an asset
- Self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and contribute positively to safe work environment.
- Team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Computer literacy along with an understanding of Finning systems and Experience with Lawson, Service Information System (SIS) and warranty systems would be considered assets
- Power systems experience with 3500 series engines will also be considered an asset
- This position is a 14x14 continuous shift
- This position is open to Branch E08 Whitehorse employees only
- Must live in Whitehorse to be considered
- A recent drivers abstract will be required
- Will consider 3rd or 4th year Apprentice HET Mechanics
Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.