Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the shop and field troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining and general line products, based out of our Finning Whitehorse location in the Yukon, to start as soon as possible.
This position is a permanent, full-time position and the successful candidate will work a Monday to Friday (5x2 rotation) shift for a minimum of 40 hours per week. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification with a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar Service Information System (SIS) and Electronic Technicians (ET) systems daily to diagnose issues and plan for replacements/repairs
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- M inimum 3 - 5 years experience as a Heavy Duty Technician
- Language of work: English
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification (Red Seal)
- Valid driver's license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Power systems experience with 3500 series engines would be considered an asset
- Specialization in diesel engine repair and powered equipment repair is needed
- Other trade certificate or diploma.
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing