Our client is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise.
They are seeking an ICBC Paralegal to join their Vancouver team. This is a fully remote/work from home position. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of ICBC paralegal experience and will be a team player who is proactive, able to handle a busy workload and has a keen eye for details.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organizing large groups of documents
- Analyzing documents for relevance, for producible and privileged purposes
- Creating Lists of Documents and serving on appropriate parties
- Receiving, reviewing, analyzing, organizing opposing parties documents
- Receiving, organizing and summarizing clinical records
- Drafting pleadings where appropriate – including but not limited to Responses to Civil Claim and Chambers applications
- Reviewing Discovery transcripts and obtaining answers to outstanding requests
- Advising lawyer on which specialist/expert to use in various cases. Setting up appointments and providing specialists/experts with all relevant documentation
- Mediations: Preparing mediation brief and outline, if applicable
- Miscellaneous: Providing general assistance to the lawyer dependent on the lawyer’s needs, including but not limited to drafting correspondence on lawyer’s behalf, tracking the status of the lawyer’s files, conducting court searches, etc.
- Legal Research: Quantum research and other research as requested by lawyer
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of ICBC paralegal experience
- Paralegal Certificate or Diploma
- ICBC billing number an asset
- As required, relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills