Position at Absolute Software Who are you?
As an Instructional Designer at Absolute, you are detail-oriented with a gift for explaining complex technical information in a clear, concise, and engaging manner. You are passionate about enabling customers to succeed and are energized to collaborate with team members to achieve a common goal. Primary Responsibilities
What you'll need
- Quickly and fully understand complex technical concepts and present them in an engaging, informative, and relevant manner for self-directed learning of the Absolute product suite.
- Write technical content for a variety of formats, including video scripts, guides, job aids, in-app messages, assessments, course descriptions, and more.
- Produce instructional videos that include screen captures, graphics, and animations.
- Build rapport with SMEs across the Absolute organization to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios in order to develop instructional materials.
- Align the maintenance and development of instructional materials with product releases.
- Work under tight timelines without compromising quality of work.
- Adhere to Absolute's branding standards for content creation.
You possess these qualities
- Minimum of 2 years developing technical enablement content in a technology company.
- Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage.
- Experience with TechSmith Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, Docebo, Pendo, or equivalent tools.
- Some experience with graphic design, HTML, animations.
Why Work For Us:
- An aptitude for understanding complex technical concepts.
- Strong content creation and technical writing skills.
- Can comfortably manage multiple projects while adhering to timelines.
- A can-do attitude and welcomes open collaboration with team members.
- Eager to learn and can easily adapt to change.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny -IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system - embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees - fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable - Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our 'Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com
or visit our YouTube channel
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Service and Support