Do you have a passion for computer system applications and want to make a real impact in the technology industry?
Button is looking for an intermediate Full Stack Developer to join our growing team!
- You have in-depth expertise! You have an analytical mindset and enjoy knowing and learning more about coding niches, databases, and graphic designs.
- You’re impact-oriented – passionate about social good and want the opportunity to have an impact on your work.
- You LOVE working with others. You’re enthusiastic about mentorship and helping others learn.
- You’re enthusiastic about mentorship and continuous learning! You are a natural mentor but also LOVE to learn from your peers so that you can grow your own knowledge base and skill set.
- If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
A Day in the Life
- Iteratively construct applications in a test-driven environment, following Clean Code and DevOps best practices.
- Champion the complex front-end and back-end environment.
- Help create an accessible, clean, and interactive user experience.
- You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
What You Bring to the Table
- A passion for social good and you LOVE making an impact in your work.
- Knowledge of back-end languages (e.g., C#, .Net, Python, API Development, Node.js).
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB)
- Familiarity with DevOps (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git Actions, Docker, AWS, Azure)
- Nice to have expertise on topics such as data science, visualization, and/or GIS - Geographic Information System.
- Experience with Agile frameworks, like Scrum or Kanban.
Soft Skills are also important
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude, attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications.
- Knowledge of industry-standard best practices as related to software engineering.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to play a key role in creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. In addition to making a real impact on communities, you will also receive:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote. As such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change?
Apply today with your resume and cover letter!
Software and Programming