Do you have leadership experience in disability management, claims adjudication, and return to work practices, with a track record of successful team results? In this Manager, Client Services
role in Case Management Services (Claims and Rehabilitation Services)
, you'll lead a multi-disciplinary case management team focused on the rehabilitation and return-to-work of persons injured in the course of their employment. You'll manage the department's operations at the local level while keeping a view to supporting effective service provincially by participating on the claims leadership team.
This is an opportunity to take your career in case management to the next level - managing in a large, complex claims environment - providing advice, supervision, and direction to case management staff.
Consider joining a dedicated team devoted to providing compassionate, supportive service to injured workers and their families by building strong relationships with employers, workers, and other stakeholders to ensure a successful return to work. How you'll make a difference:
You'll provide compassionate, supportive service to people injured at work. Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in one of our Lower Mainland offices. What you'll do
As a Manager, Client Services
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Manage daily operations, including leading and participating in the planning, implementation, and administration of all work activities
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of disability management, adjudication, and return to work practices
- Lead and motivate a team in providing excellent customer service
- Assign work to the team to maintain optimum service levels
- Provide leadership, advice, guidance, and direction on policies, business plans, and operational matters
- Manage and administer the annual operating budget
- Hire and orient employees, set performance goals and mentor and coach employees in career development
- Create a supportive work environment with open communication and teamwork
Your experience and educational background:
- Promote a quality service oriented approach in providing services to external and internal clients
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism to provide empathetic, tactful, respectful, and courteous service
- Communicate with confidence, listen, and approach difficult conversations with assurance
- Clearly articulate ideas, clearly and concisely explain, present and summarize information appropriate to the intended audience
- Take initiative, provide leadership, delegate and monitor work, motivate and mentor others
- Create an environment that encourages and supports the development and success of individuals on your team, enabling them to contribute to the team and reach their maximum potential
- Lead by example and accept responsibility for your actions and actions of those you guide
- Make decisions, resolve issues and determine a course of action
- Apply strong organizational and time management skills to handle a high work volume
- Take initiative in finding new and innovative ways to deliver outstanding service to our customers
- A post-secondary degree in a related discipline such as business, health care, social sciences, disability management
- A minimum of five years of experience in disability management, claims adjudication, and return to work in a leadership role
- Sound project management skills
- Presentation skills including the ability to create and deliver PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to use Excel to input, analyze, and present data
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience. Important to know
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Successfully meet the legal requirements under the Criminal Records Review Act to work with children and/or vulnerable adults.
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experience that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self.
Learn more: Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan that provides you with a lifetime monthly pension when you retire
- 4 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Benefits package that includes customizable options for health care and dental benefits, additional days off, and a health care spending account
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer Want to apply?
- You must apply by 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
- If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
Management and Executive