Permanent Reference code
:112802 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more!
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
We are looking for professionals with management consulting experience to join our Capital Projects team.What will your typical day look like?
As part of our team, you will be responsible for the following:
About the team
- Providing an independent perspective on key capital projects processes and identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Assisting clients in setting up their organization to effectively plan and manage across the project lifecycle including in the areas of cost, schedule, change order, procurement and risk management;
- Providing subject matter expertise on construction claims, including cost and schedule analysis;
- Developing and facilitating impactful and value-add workshops and meetings;
- Playing a leadership role in business development, including developing and delivering proposals;
- Expanding our national capital projects presence;
- Developing thought leadership;
- Leading engagements and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Mentoring, coaching and developing the team; and
- Contributing to the on-going development of expertise within our Capital Projects practice.
Our Capital Projects team - comprising of some 40 professionals nationally -are dedicated project professionals that have unsurpassed, cross-sector of deep industry experience in every aspect of the capital project lifecycle.Our people possess practical and effective project management, engineering, consulting, and communication skills, as well as strong professional qualities.We are committed to producing high quality results and have a passion for ensuring that our clients have successful capital projects.Our services help clients manage their capital and/or construction programs more effectively to achieve timely completion within budget.
Our team provides a variety of advisory services to capital project owners, governmental agencies, institutions, constructors, developers, or any organization with a significant interest in the successful delivery of a capital project.Our team of experienced engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers, architects, and accountants possess comprehensive engineering and construction industry experience.Furthermore, through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, our Capital Projects team offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- 5-8 years of experience related to major projects
- Prior management consulting and/or advisory services in connection with Capital Projects is required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with commonly used project management technology solutions (For example, P6, Ecosys, Unifier, PRISM, etc.) is considered an asset;
- Proven ability to thrive in a team and collaborative setting, contribute and share ideas, regularly seek guidance and feedback, and work to ensure the success of the team;
- Proven ability to work independently, when required, take initiative, and maintain a positive attitude;
- The willingness to learn, and a strong commitment to professional and client service excellence; and
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Construction, Project Manager, Management Consulting, Risk Management, Consulting, Engineering, Technology, Management, Finance
Management and Executive