Permanent Reference code
:105262 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Calgary; Edmonton; Halifax; Montreal; Ottawa; Quebec City; Saint John; Saskatoon; St. John's; Vancouver; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness. Benefits
• Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
• Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that often deals with emerging risk and independence issues of today's business environment? This is the role for you!What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager within Risk Advisory Quality and Risk Management team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the firm maintains its compliance with the professional independence rules for our clients by ensuring that compliance processes are efficient and effective, and proposed services do not impair our Independence. This role will give you an opportunity to gain in depth knowledge regarding certain Canadian and international independence rules and Deloitte policies with which our people and the firm must comply with. You will also learn about the services the Risk Advisory practice offers its clients.About the team
You will be working with our Risk Advisory Quality and Risk Management team. You will also be supporting the Regulatory, Quality, Risk & Reputation group, specifically within our Professional Independence team, a part of Deloitte's National Office. Both Risk Advisory Quality and Risk Management and Professional Independence have established teams which monitors and assists our partners and professionals with their risk and independence requirements and is extremely consultative in its nature.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
• Experience in independence related matters in a Professional Services Firm or other relevant professional or regulatory rules (CPA designation or audit or legal experience is an asset)
• The ability to research, understand, and apply external regulations or supporting materials produced by IESBA, AICPA, PCAOB, Canadian Provincial Institutes and the SEC
• Effective organizational and interpersonal skills with abilities to effectively influence others, work with senior leaders and own and manage the end-to-end process for tasks assigned
• The ability to build relationships and establish trust with individuals at all levels, including leaders at the Firm, though superior verbal and written communication and negotiation skills. French
Language written and oral skills is an asset.
• A love of working both independently and as part of a supportive and collaborative team in a very fast paced, agile and unstructured environment.
• Strong organization and multi-tasking skills: ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Have 3+ year of experience and able to work within a team environment.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way:Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity:Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other:We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion:We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact:We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Developer, Law, Equity, Manager, Finance, Technology, Legal, Management
Management and Executive