Position Summary OPERATIONS ASSISTANT Job ID: 4083 SHORT-TERM (APPROXIMATELY 1 YEAR)/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** OPERATIONS ASSISTANT: POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Manager, Recycling and Waste Management, the Operations Assistant provides administrative and operational support for the Directly Managed Department. He/she/they conducts program evaluations of current waste management systems, assists with the development of tools and resources to reduce environmental impact of operating sites, processes documentation relating to accounts payable and contracts administration, and performs regular database entry and maintenance. CANDIDATE PROFILE: The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a number of post-secondary courses in business or program administration.
- Considerable progressive related experience in office administration.
- Completion of courses or sound experience in contracts and procurement, waste management or environmental sciences.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Sound knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration.
- Some knowledge of basic accounting and procurement practices.
- Some knowledge of procurement, sustainability, waste management practices, and/or recycling protocols
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulation, operating guidelines and other information sources for the purpose of assessing processes and facilitating knowledge workshops.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while responding to numerous diverse and shifting challenges without compromising the quality of the work.
- Ability to find and implement creative and practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to find and implement practical solutions to problems.
- Ability to type 50 wpm.
- Ability to lift up to 15kg to conduct waste audits and to undertake physical work for significant periods of time.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle. Occasional travel is required.
As part of our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy spaces, BC Housing has introduced an interim mandatory vaccination program for all employees. We require proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals who cannot be vaccinated for reasons related to a protected ground under human rights law (such as medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs) may request an accommodation. Upon receiving a request, we may request additional information to determine whether the applicant can be accommodated in the desired role without undue hardship.
- Due to the nature of this role, a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Due to the nature of this role, access to a reliable vehicle will be required
Operations and Logistics Maintenance and Technicians