The Town of Watson Lake
invites applications for the position of
The Town of Watson Lake has an opportunity available for the position of Operations Manager. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer this position oversees, manages and co-ordinates the daily operations of the Public Works Operations, Infrastructure, Landfill, Recycling, Water Works and Wastewater Treatment.
Duties of the position include:
- Managing activities of the Public Works division, including operations, maintenance and repair services for the road system, sidewalks, storm sewer system, water supply and distribution system, sanitary sewage collection and treatment systems, landfill, recycling, cemetery and other infrastructure, and directs the Supervisors to undertake the maintenance work or arrange for and coordinate outside contractors in accordance with the Town's Procurement Policy.
- Assisting with the selection of new hires, training, motivating and evaluating staff, completing performance evaluations, implementing discipline.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of ongoing preventative maintenance programs in accordance with budget, monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance programs, optimizing operations, recommending appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Assisting in the preparation of Operating and Capital budgets for the Public Works, Landfill, Recycling, Water Works and Wastewater and building maintenance, approving expenditures, and coding invoices in accordance with the Town's Procurement Policy.
- Responding to enquiries from the public, taking appropriate action, and maintaining records of the actions taken; ensuring work undertaken by staff complies with legislation; approving payroll, preparing time and attendance information for payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Additional training in the management and oversight of operations staff, as well as conflict resolution, negotiation and contract management is an asset
- Four to five years of supervisory or management experience of operations staff involved in the operation and maintenance of municipal roads, building maintenance and/or water supply, treatment and distribution systems, sanitation and/or wastewater systems
- Demonstrate good communication skills and diplomacy; able to interpret engineering drawings, contracts and other technical/legal documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Asset Management and Procurement practices
The role is currently available to Canadian residents only.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Cam Lockwood, Chief Administrative Officer, no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, August 30th, 2019.
Applications may be submitted online by having it emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person to the Town Office located at 710 Adela Trail, Watson Lake Yukon. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line. Only those that are selected for interviews will be contacted.