Recruiting in Motion is a successful and dynamic professional employment agency that has become deeply integrated into Metro Vancouver’s business sector as the go-to agency for the recruitment and placement of outstanding employees. BC-owned and operated, we ensure all our candidates — temporary, contract, permanent or executive — are provided with exciting and impressive employment opportunities. In fact, we are ranked as one of Growth 500 Canada's fastest-growing companies and we represent BC's TOP Employers!
About our Client
Our client, an accounting and workflow solutions company in the entertainment and film industry, is looking for a Payroll Associate to join their team on a temporary basis though this role could become permanent for the right candidate. In this role, you would be responsible for setting up employees in the payroll system in a timely manner. You would also help assist the Operations Coordinator in their duties. This role will be remote but occasional trips to the Burnaby office will be necessary. The ideal candidate must have experience in processing payroll and must be open to working overtime as needed. This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your experience in the fast-paced, exciting industry of film and entertainment. These positions will go very quickly, so apply today!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Employee maintenance, updating information as required
- Processing in-coming payroll, checking the timecards and verification reports as needed.
- Processing BG, union and non-union payrolls as well as other payrolls as needed.
- Maintaining the client relationship. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Verifying HST accounts against the CRA HST Registry.
- Verifying union member status by referencing updated union membership lists.
- Maintaining accurate files on each client, in accordance with company policy.
- Running tax credit reports.
- Preparation of union remittances.
- Gaining an understanding and becoming proficient in the client's system and digital products.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, pencan, buyout and payroll history.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- GED or equivalent required; 4 year degree preferred. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient, accurate and timely data entry skills.
- Ability to work towards team and individual goals.
- Knowledge in Provincial Employment Standards.
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience in payroll or data entry experience.
- Strong communications skills with ability to collaborate with internal teams and clients.
- Prioritizes and handles multiple demands.
- Excellent multi-tasker with attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
How to Apply
All applicants must have legal permission to work in Canada and require a valid Work Permit and Social Insurance Number.
Good jobs go fast. Don't wait to apply today!
Due to COVID 19, these temporary positions can be in the office or work from home, or a combination of both. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and our client has enhanced measures in place for health and safety.
Visit our website www.recruitinginmotion.com for a complete listing of all our exciting job opportunities. There is no fee to job seekers.