POL SIH 27R - Senior Policy Analyst - POSTING EXTENDED/ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS ADDED
Policy Social/Info/Health R27
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
New Westminster, BC V3M 6H8 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Temporary Assignment (TA)
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Therapeutic Assessment and Access, PLBSD
Job Summary Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Social/Info/Health R27Posting amended August 2nd: Posting extended until August 17, 2022, and additional locations (Vancouver and New Westminster) added.
This is a temporary opportunity until June 1, 2023 and may become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your policy and legislation expertise to this exciting leadership role in the precision medicine and genetic services unit!
In this role, you will coordinate and lead the research, analysis, development and implementation ofstrategic policies and legislation for a significant and innovative ministry program.
The Precision Medicine and Genetic Services Unit engages in strategic relationships with patients, families and a vast range of stakeholders and sector expertise including health authority agencies, Genome BC, universities, researchers, life sciences industry partners, provincial and federal jurisdictions, and other ministries. The Unit aims to develop the long-term vision for access and implementation of precision medicines, including gene therapies and provincial genetic services through policy development and improvement actions that set precedent and ensure the provincial health sector has a sustainable, transparent, and patient-oriented genomic services framework.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nathan.Michaels@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
*Recent related progressive experience must include:
- Master's degree (preferred) in public administration, health administration, life sciences, or a related field and 3 years progressive and recent, *related experience; OR
- Bachelor's Degree in in public administration, health administration, life sciences or a related field and 4years progressive and recent, *related experience; OR
- Diploma in health in in public administration, health administration, life sciences or a related field and 5years progressive and recent, *related experience; OR
- A minimum of 6years progressive and recent, *related experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience developing legislation/regulation and/or policy in the health care or social policy sector
- Experiencing developing and implementing policies and issues-management (health related preferred)
- Experience providing policy and issues-management advice to senior executives and preparing briefing materials
- Experience in strategic framework and policy development with national and provincial stakeholders
- Experience in planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments.
- Experience in concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content including complex scientific information/solutions.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience in the health sector.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (STANDARD): YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Health Services, Policy, Research and Economics