WHITEHORSE You are looking to join a vibrant and busy team based in Whitehorse as a senior leader in the Contaminated Sites Investigation and Remediation practice area. You are a registered professional and have at least 10-15 years of experience primarily in contaminated sites investigation and remediation, combined with some project management and leadership experience. You enjoy being part of a close-knit team and appreciate the benefits that a large organisation can bring, including career progression, access to vast technical expertise, and more. A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You are a champion for Health & Safety - this is always your top priority, as it is ours;
- You are a senior leader, working with the Whitehorse team to win work, leading, planning and executing projects at contaminated sites primarily the Yukon, but also for clients in BC from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, and government agencies;
- You have diverse fieldwork experience, and project management expertise, and want to share your extensive experience to help mentor and develop the Whitehorse team;
- You manage projects from proposal to implementation, including proposal preparation, contract review, project delivery, financial control, and client relationship management to ensure deliverables meet client expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality;
- You will be a mentor, providing guidance and technical advice to foster and grow the talented team.
- A relevant undergraduate degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Geoscience or other technical discipline from an accredited university;
- At least 10-15 years experience in Environmental Consulting with an appropriate professional designation in Engineering, Geoscience, Biology or related discipline;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes;
- Experience providing project and client specific technical advice and senior review of project deliverables;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team of professionals with excellent communication skills both internally with staff and externally with clients;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as the technical writing skills needed for client deliverables;
- A clean Driver's Abstract, and a willingness to travel as needed for project work.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.