Amazon continues to delight customers around the world with a growing assortment of innovative and convenient delivery programs to ensure that customers receive their orders when and where they need it. This includes Prime free shipping, Same-Day delivery, Amazon Lockers and much more. The Delivery Experience team is looking for a leader solve some of the most challenging problems we face, in particular as a result of serving a diverse, global customer base that includes both Prime and non-Prime shoppers. The right solution will ensure we are offering all customers shipping options & delivery programs that inspire them to shop with Amazon, maintain a strong competitive position in terms of delivery speed and price, and are living up to the promises we make to customers from their first click till when he/she receives his/her parcel.
You will work with a dedicated team of Data Scientists and Software Development Engineers in building a new customer-facing delivery product that will influence the ways hundreds of millions of customers shop Amazon. You will own the business and science strategy, feature road map, and P&L for this product. You will have the opportunity to tap into emerging technologies, shape the customer journey, and influence everything from web-site experience to order fulfillment and delivery.
This is a product management role which requires a deep understanding of customer experience, maintaining a very high bar for our customers. It also will use multiple marketing channels and partner closely with outbound teams. And critically it will partner very closely with our Machine Learning team, seeking to understand and anticipate customer needs in real time. A working knowledge of ML will be a huge advantage in this role.
Beyond this specific product, candidates should have strong customer focus and excellent business judgment, be comfortable analyzing large data sets, and driving change through recommendations and action. The ability to influence cross functionally and across the organization, at all levels, will be absolutely critical to success in this role. Functional expertise in international roles, eCommerce, supply chain & logistics are a plus.
**This role can sit in Nashville, TN, Austin, TX, New York, NY, or Vancouver, CA BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated product management, e-commerce or related experience
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to identify issues and opportunities, develop and test hypothesis, make decisions and recommendations, and measure success
- Working knowledge of ML applications to customer and business problems
- Master's degree in in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- Deep functional expertise in retail/eCommerce supply chain and logistics
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience working with teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive