Product Owner, AWS Cloud Platform Enablement
Location: Remote within, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Employment Information: Job Type:
Permanent, Full Time Salary Range:
$96,307.00 - $120,384.00 - $150,479.00 Expected Salary:
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint listed above. Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role. Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you'll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC's eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position. Job Summary:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cloud and Hosting Delivery, the Product Owner plays a leadership role on an Agile product team, being responsible for the mission of the team and bringing the business unit vision to the product team. As the Product Owner of the AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud Platform Team, you will strive to provide a virtual data center built on core technologies within the AWS suite of products. This team will ensure BCLC has the underlying compute and connectivity to provide secure, compliant, and reliable services to support application and workload hosting. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Guide and develop solutions that follow these key principals: Customer Service, Customer Enablement and Cloud Adoption
- Build and foster trusting and collaborative relationships with peers, key stakeholders, service partners and vendors.
- Defines the product roadmap, collaborating with stakeholder groups to understand the business strategy and determine priorities. Actively manages the product backlog, prioritizing it according to business value.
- Leads the mission of the product team. Communicates the business unit vision to the product team including contributing to the development of user stories. Evaluates the outputs on behalf of stakeholders, including acceptance of final product.
- Participates in the product team's agile ceremonies such as planning sessions, stand-ups, retrospectives, and sprint review meetings.
- Engages specialists across the organization, or contractors, in addition to product team members. Manages contracts needed to deliver the product, with support from the BT (Business Technology) vendor management.
- Negotiates with leaders and other stakeholders to remove team impediments, issues, and blockers, including escalating to the appropriate levels within the organization when they cannot be resolved at the team level.
- Collaborates with other product owners on the prioritization of cross-team dependencies and deliverables required by other product teams.
- Reports to stakeholders, including the executive sponsor (VP), Directors or other product teams on the progress and status of product team deliverables. Proactively identifies risks and opportunities and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Manages the budget and forecasting associated with the work of the product team.
- Identifies and reports on risks related to the product, develops, and implements risk mitigation strategies.
Education and Experience
- A post-secondary degree in business administration, information technology management or a related discipline;
- 5 - 7 years recent, related experience as well as experience in a leadership capacity;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Data Center infrastructure (Windows/Linux servers, VMWare, Networking, SAN, Firewall).
- Experience with private and public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) infrastructure and services preferred.
- Strong understanding of multi cloud environments, best practices, and communication needs.
- Ability to define and report on key performance metrics to ensure team is successful.
- Demonstrated knowledge in agile methodologies and tools;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated expertise at a management level for business planning and road mapping, and a track record of successful management experience in a collaborative, fast-paced business environment;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with managers, employees, and peers;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving, analytical thinking/innovation, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com .
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/careers/overview.html
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.