Underserved Population (UP) team's vision is to serve and make life easier for un-banked and under-banked customers segment and enable them to be a customer on Amazon, regardless of where they live or how they choose to pay. The team's mission is to build a flywheel of programs and innovation to improve low-income customers' access to, awareness of, and engagement with Amazon's low prices, selection, and convenience - and, with these, to increase Amazon's penetration within this customer segment. We work cross-functionally across Retail, Transportation, Payments, and Prime, all while working backwards from UP customers and their unique hurdles to shopping on Amazon today.
If you are motivated to work on programs that actually make a difference and give back to Community then this is the right team for you.
We are looking for a senior Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for creating and improving customer facing applications and systems at scale.
As QA Engineer in the Underserved Population team, you will work in a high quality, creative, visionary software development team to build and innovate the technology stack that powers the Amazon Retail shopping experience on multiple marketplaces. Your team is responsible for keeping the quality bar of the core Consumables Shopping Experience exceptionally high. You will make a huge, measurable impact to the Amazon Consumables program. You are great at designing, building, and innovating automated test frameworks that are simple and easy to maintain and scale. You can think and define test strategies that will ensure the highest quality of the UP software artifacts. You will be able to scale your strategies to cover multiple packages and locales.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands on experience with scripting/coding.
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- BS in Computer Science or 4+ years equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Experience in Perl/Python scripting and user-level automation
- Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
- A passion for the customer experience!
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data and server logs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Java unit testing frameworks
- Experience testing both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience with quality metrics and clear status reporting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance