ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the IT Senior Manager, the candidate is responsible for implementation and ongoing support of SAP Financial Accounting (FI), Controlling (CO), Product Cost planning (CO-PC) operations, including providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, training, and instruction on system best practise to process owner.
This is a one-year contract with a possibility for extension.
- Facilitates new module implementation and support operation in SAP operation to enhance the company’s business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of stakeholders’ satisfaction
- Leads the design, configuration, and quality testing of the following:
- Core SAP FI/CO modules (GL, AP, SL, CO-PC)
- Asset Management
- Core PP module with CO Integration
- Train user and assist in delivery all Month end/Year end closing and reports
- Prepare detailed functional specifications for development activities including workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms
- Develops and documents SAP functional, business and/or system interface requirements by analyzing Service Requests, Problem Reports and Change Requests and recommending changes to address requests
- Maintain documentation including business blueprint, functional and technical specification, and testing (unit/integration/UAT)
- Train in-house SAP Developer to improve SAP functional supporting and configuration skills
- Acts as liaison with key users for troubleshooting, investigates, analyzes, and solves software problems
- Provides user-level consultation, which is not limited to coaching, resolution of issues and analysis of issues to establish if there is a case for configuration changes or business process change requests via enhancement or improvements requests
- Leads users in detailed business process blueprint activities
- Perform other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- At least 4-5 years working experience with SAP FICO modules
- Must have thorough knowledge of General Ledger (FI-GL), Accounts Payable (FI-AP), Asset Accounting (FI-AA), Special Purpose Ledger (FI-SL), Cost element accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Order Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, among others
- In-depth knowledge of SAP CO-PC (product costing) with experience in Make-to-Stock and/or Make-to-Order scenarios; experience in pharmaceutical process industries would be highly desired
- Experience with FIORI is a plus
- Experience with report writer and report painter is a plus
- Advanced architectural knowledge of SAP landscape
- Experience and familiarization working with Solution manager and SAP methodology is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated individual with strong work ethics
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Strong multitasking skills with ability to lead and manage multiple deliverables and projects at the same time
- Results oriented and demonstrates a “can-do” attitude – adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and must be able to cope with multiple tight deadlines
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today: