Are you interested in helping customers implement innovative solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest security practices, tools, and technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand security requirements, tooling, and risk management approaches in the cloud, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and guide a project to success? Are you an expert with hands-on infosec practices for applications, infrastructure, and networks? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform? If so, you'd be a great fit as part of our AWS Professional Services team!
We are looking for highly-talented, technical hands-on Security Architects located in Canada to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business within the Canadian Public Sector. You will be focused on Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Government customers. You will use your exceptional security knowledge and hands-on security tooling and systems administration skills to help support of our customers with developing highly secure and compliant computing architectures and implementations
This is an opportunity to join one Amazon's diverse technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team, you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of workBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of implementation / consulting experience in a security-focused role with an emphasis on hands-on secure technical architecture and implementation work, and oversight in a team setting (e.g. conducting code level security reviews)
• Strong fluency in at least one programming or scripting language: Python, Ruby, Typescript, Shell scripting, Java, etc
• Expert knowledge and implementation experience of information security principles, policy enforcement, operating systems, web application security, and a high-level of familiarity with malicious code uses, OWASP Top 10, and common techniques used by hackers
• Hands-on and in-depth experience with network and application level design security including modern mitigation techniques and best practices (e.g. DNS-SEC, HTTP OWASP, TLS fundamentals)
• Security clearance with the Federal Government of Canada or an ability to obtain it.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with Federal Government of Canada IT Security
• Hands on experience with Cloud security architectures
• Fluency with at least one infrastructure-as-code or configuration management language/environment
• Demonstrated experience in designing architectures to meet security and compliance requirements for Canadian public sector entities
• AWS Professional certification
• Experience with managing the security implications of cloud migrations
• Experience designing security postures for Cloud native applications
• Experience in the design and implementation of security controls
• Experience building Security documentation packages and leading organizations through Security compliance processes, accreditation, and/or Authority to Operate lifecycles.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Information Technology Operations and Logistics