Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements To
: All Security PersonnelFrom
: Mitchell LongDate
: August 4 th ,2022Closing Date
: August 25 th ,2022Re
: Job PostingPosition
: Security Guard Site
: St.Catharines General HospitalCity
: Niagara, ONStatus
: Continental Rotation Pay Range
: $16.24 to 18.27 /hr. "Rates are based on a levelling system"Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and adhere to all Health Canada Regulations and company standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Control access to building, operate security camera equipment and patrol assigned areas to guard against theft, vandalism, and fire.
- Enforce regulations to maintain order and resolve conflicts and to monitor establishment activities.
- Issue passes and direct visitors to appropriate areas, check government identification (ID) of patrons, and perform security searches and bag checks, as required.
- Report and investigate unlawful acts of employees, visitors, or contractors at the Sites.
- Protect company property, staff, and visitors by maintaining a safe and secure environment at all times.
- Complete security incident and deviation reports as required.
- Provide assistance, directions, answer questions and otherwise serve as a central or visible source of information for employees, customers, visitors and vendors.
- The inspection of personal vehicles as they are entering and exiting the Client facilities according to Client procedures if deemed necessary.
- The inspection of trucks to verify the security of incoming cargo by the condition of lockout tags and confirming that trucks leaving the yard after deliveries are empty.
- The inspection of people and property when deemed necessary according to Client procedures.
- Notify the Client of any hazards, safety violations or other conditions that warrant an unsafe condition.
- Perform additional duties unique to specific posts as required by Client.
- Occasionally escort difficult or terminated employees and other individuals to vehicles/off premises, if necessary.
- Bag checks for contractors.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Previous security experience is an asset.
- Post-Secondary education in a Law Enforcement/Security program from a recognized college
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Section 494 of the Criminal Code
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact, and diplomacy.
- All successful applicants must undergo a vulnerable sector check.
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in Access control, video management systems, intrusion detection systems.
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Double Vaccination
- Vulnerable Sector Check
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
Certification Requirements (Any)
Vulnerable Sector Check
Capable of completing Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) designation within first year of employment (company paid)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Clients Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1