Our client is looking for C++ Developers for a full time opportunity!
- Experience with C++ development
- Experience with networking or security (firewalls, routing protocols, etc.)
- Experience with working in Linux environments
What & Why:
As a Sr. Software Developer in the Network Security Group, you will contribute to the design, development and release of software updates to products that’s used by hundreds of thousands of customers around the world. You will be working on an Agile/Scrum development team, and be involved in all aspects of the software development process. You will work closely with Product Managers, Development manager and QA Engineers to ensure the team delivers a quality product to our customers.
This role provides a great opportunity to immerse yourself in a fully Agile development team that delivers a quality product to real customers around the world. The team has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ mentality, so there will also be opportunities to try out new technologies and processes.
Our client creates cybersecurity software for individuals and enterprise organizations. Your team operates in an open, collaborative environment and has a healthy ‘continuous improvement’ culture that each of us contributes to, so you can expect to be involved in all aspects of our agile development process.
These positions are based out of our client’s downtown Vancouver office, but can also be fully remote!
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
Essential Experience and Skills
- 5+ years experience working with commercial software
- Experience in developing software using C/C++, and optionally Python, Perl
- Experience working with commercial Linux-based products
- Experience in developing software using network sockets
- Working knowledge of different networking protocols (e.g. HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, TCP/IP)
- Excellent software design, coding, and troubleshooting skills
- Able to prioritize, focus and drive tasks to completion
- Devotion to producing high quality, high performance systems
- Sense of humor and a willingness to have fun
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience using Test Driven Development practices
- Experience in the development of networking or security products
- Experience in Linux kernel development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Software or equivalent
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.