We are seeking an experienced Senior Design Manager specializing in tunneling and underground structures to join our dynamic team. As a Senior Design Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of tunnel design projects, ensuring their successful completion within budget and schedule. You will provide technical leadership, mentorship to junior staff, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality and innovative tunneling solutions. The successful candidate will possess a strong background in tunnel design, project management, and team leadership. Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAreWSP #globalminingA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture ofInclusionandBelonging
- OurFlexible Work Policy- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- OurHybrid Work Policy- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- ACanadiansuccess story - we'reproudto wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhancethe world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstandingcareer opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open toyourideas and tryingnewthings.
- A phenomenalcollaborativeculture and a workforce filled with genuinelygood peoplewho are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Lead and manage the overall design process for tunneling projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and internal teams to define project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Oversee and coordinate all design activities, including geological investigations, tunnel alignment studies, and geo-structural analysis.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, standards, regulations, and safety requirements.
- Review and evaluate design proposals, drawings, and specifications to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Manage design changes, scope variations, and implement effective risk management strategies.
- Conduct design reviews and facilitate interdisciplinary coordination to optimize project outcomes.
Team Leadership and Mentorship:
- Lead a team of designers, engineers, and technical staff, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Foster and manage collaboration between global tunnel design teams
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentorship to junior team members, promoting their professional growth and development.
- Facilitate effective communication and knowledge sharing within the team and across project stakeholders.
- Conduct performance evaluations, identify training needs, and provide ongoing feedback to team members.
Client Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, understanding their needs and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with clients to identify opportunities for innovation and provide value-added engineering solutions.
- Attend client meetings, presentations, and industry conferences to enhance the organization's reputation and business development efforts.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in tunneling design and construction.
- Identify process improvements, implement standardization measures, and enhance design workflows.
- Participate in lessons-learned exercises and contribute to the development of design standards and guidelines.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in tunneling design and construction, with a focus on large-scale tunnel projects.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex tunneling projects on time and within budget.
- Strong knowledge of tunneling design principles, geotechnical engineering, ground improvement techniques, and construction methods.
- Proficient in using relevant software tools for tunnel design and analysis.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Effective leadership and team management abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to mentor and develop junior staff.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, codes, regulations, and safety protocols.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.