Permanent Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto; Alma; Amos; Bas St-Laurent; Brossard; Burlington; Bécancour; Calgary; Chicoutimi; Dolbeau; Drummondville; Edmonton; Farnham; Fredericton; Gatineau; Granby; Grand-Mère; Halifax; Havre-Saint-Pierre; Hawkesbury; Jonquière; Kanata; Kitchener; La Baie; La Sarre; Langley; Laval; London; Markham; Matane; Mississauga; Moncton; Montreal; New Richmond; Niagara; Normandin; Ottawa; Prince Albert; Prince George; Quebec City; Regina; Rimouski; Roberval; Rouyn-Noranda; Saguenay; Saint John; Saint-Hyacinthe; Saskatoon; Sept-Îles; Shawinigan; Sherbrooke; St-Félicien; St. John's; Trois-Pistoles; Trois-Rivières; Val D'Or; Vancouver; Vaughan; Victoria; Windsor; Winnipeg
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Engineering in Consulting to join the core leadership team of the practice.
About the team
- You will work as part of an overall team, often composed of client and Deloitte resources, to deliver software that drives meaningful value and change for our clients.
- You will focus on building out digital experiences primarily for the browser, using industry standard technologies and tools, and in conjunction with peers across disciplines such as creative, UI / UX, back-end service development and agile delivery.
- You may lead teams, and have line reporting responsibilities, or have strong individual contributor expectations.
- On top of regular delivery work, you provide our clients with advice on digital change, identifying technical debt and recommending improvements to architecture
- Mentor junior members of the team and participate in code reviews to help them grow inside the team.
- Meaningfully contribute to agile ceremonies including grooming, planning, scrums, retrospectives.
- Over time, build out insights and knowledge of the industries that we work in.
Digital technology has changed the face of business as we know it. Deloitte Digital helps clients in turning this transformation into an impactful advantage by creating and realizing digital transformation success stories. We combine Deloitte's globally recognized strength in business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class digital agency.
By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey. As part of an end-to-end delivery, our Product Engineering team builds compelling digital experiences with a focus on channels such as web and mobile.
Are you motivated to combine your sense for digital with the art of programming? Do you enjoy building immersive digital experiences? Are you curious to see how front-end solutions can empower your work rather than limit it? Are you excited about working in a culture that values diversity and inclusion?Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a Senior Manager, you will have a:
- Bachelor or higher degree combined with 10+ years of post-graduate experience, preferably including client-facing consulting role(s);
- Experience producing web / mobile / enterprise solutions in a professional development environment;
- Experience leading a team, working with others to solve problems, sharing knowledge and can help grow and mentor junior developers;
- A passion for digital transformation and technology;
- Ideally you have worked on project in which you integrated this front-end savviness with front-office systems (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe Experience, SAP Hybris);
- Experience in agile development environments, including ceremonies such as backlog refinement and spring planning;
- You have the ability to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team-setting;
- You balance logical problem solving with innovative thinking;
- You like building positive client and peer relationships by developing an understanding of customer's business and project scope and can translate business requirements into technical requirements;
- You can contribute positively to team culture, with a focus on inclusion and diversity;
- Identifying potential opportunities for additional revenue generation;
- Developing analytical and insightful recommendations to meet deliverable targets and complete project tasks within budget and to customer satisfaction;
- Identifying and communicating conflicts or issues to Project Manager or Team leader;
- Assisting in the development of client proposals;
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English and/or French)
- Yoave experience translating designs and wireframes into high quality, responsive websites with performance and accessibility in mind
- You love optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers (browser testing and accessibility testing)
- You have worked with Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Browserify and the Command Line Interface (CLI) is your best friend;
- You know and understand git and have lots of experience with Bitbucket, Github and how they integrate with tools such as Jira. Knowledge of comparable source control tools (e.g SVN) are also valuable.
- You can build reusable and maintainable components (Angular, React) and front-end UI libraries for rapid development.
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs and have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- You have used a TDD approach for unit tests and know what the best tools are for the task;
- You have an interest in technology beyond the web, such as back-end development (e.g. Rails, Python, Java, NodeJS), design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch), cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Firebase, Azure), microservices, iOS development, etc
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Front End, Engineering Manager, Testing, Cloud, User Experience, Technology, Engineering
Management and Executive