Permanent Reference code
:114541 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax and lead projects? Then this opportunity is for you!What will your typical day look like?
As a Sr. Manager of the M&A Tax team you will:
• Plan and lead engagements including structuring corporate investment and divestitures and developing optimal acquisition strategies
• Proactively take relevant and valuable tax ideas to our clients to grow the practice
• Build relationships at a senior level and be seen as a trusted business advisor
• Achieve your expertise in a specialization
• Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
• Create a learning environment through leadershipAbout the team
The M&A Tax team includes both accountants and lawyers focused on bringing tax advice to clients in a fast paced, vibrant environment where new problems and questions arise every day. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalizations, financing, business development, initial public offering, privatization, negotiations and equity capital raisings. We work together as a team using our experience and resources of Deloitte, both nationally and internationally, to bring the best possible advice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
• Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience leading M&A transactions
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
• Execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of an M&A transaction
• Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadershipOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
M&A, Equity, Developer, Accounting, Tax, Management, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive