Contribute your valued expertise in strategy, design and service delivery to this fast-paced opportunity!
Ministry of Education and Child Care
Remote work is allowed; this position can work up to full time from their home in British Columbia subject to an approved Telework Agreement. The position headquarters will be Victoria or Vancouver. Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment. Senior Security Analyst
$88,636.83 - $101,099.95 which includes a 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment*
The Digital Strategies and Services Branch (DSSB) provides a range of information technology and information management services for the Ministry of Education and Child Care. The purpose of this position is to deliver information technology security support and ensuring the ministry remains in compliance by assisting with:
• Security reviews of privacy impact assessments,
• Ensuring all information security activity conforms to corporate,
• Security/Privacy Policies/Procedures/Legislation,
• The highest level of information security standards for information in the ministry's custody and control. Services provided include:
• Responding to Incident, service requests and emails from the ministry and OCIO's Helpdesk,
• Security queue ticket requests, and
• Providing advice to optimize information security services and strategies relating to:
• Workstations/Device and
• Business analysis.
• Responding to and/or assisting with information security and privacy breaches affecting the ministry and/or its partners. Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree, diploma, or certification in security, computer sciences or information technology fields. An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 3 years' relevant experience developing and managing data security frameworks/architectures (includes during certification), preferably in a Microsoft environment.
• Minimum 2 years' experience leading technical investigations and handling multiple active issues, preferably in a large and complex environment.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in identifying and evaluating security risks from a business and technological standpoint, preferably in a large and complex environment.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in incident management and incident response, preferably in a large and complex environment. For more information and to apply online by September 29, 2023, please go to:
https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/104946 Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Remote
Experience Level : Intermediate Level