Are you interested in building out a cloud-scale, standards compliant messaging platform? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced environment?
Amazon MQ makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ for highly available, durable, and low-latency messaging. Amazon MQ is a fully managed service that delivers standards-compliant messaging APIs along with offering predictable performance and scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (http://amazon.com/) (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. The Amazon MQ team is part of the rapidly growing Messaging and Streaming group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
Amazon MQ Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to connect distributed applications using industry-standard APIs at scale in a secure and reliable environment. The team is tackling distributed systems, messaging and durability problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for messaging, distributed systems, and open source software to join the team.
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon MQ team, you will:
. Design, develop and support a world-class messaging platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
• Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java and Python
. Work at the core of ActiveMQ open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
. Work on challenging problems in areas such as messaging standards, data storage, performance optimization, security, and more.
• Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
• Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
• Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Messaging Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
• Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
• Invent the future of messaging and streaming in the cloud
• Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environmentBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale fault-tolerant systems (but don't worry, we'll train you if you meet the basic qualifications)
- Experience with other languages such as Ruby, Python, or Erlang
- Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews
- Experience developing for Unix environments
- Excellent communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming