Amazon's eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and financial data processing. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries.
We need strong, innovative Software Development Engineer to help with building next generation application and services build over cloud computing technologies (SQS, QLDB, S3, EMR, Glue, Atena, DynamoDB, EKS and Lambda) and responsible for the secure, scalable world class application providing Account Receivables services to Amazon's internal clients . The overall AR services or larger team processes and reconciles worth over US $250Bn every year. Targeted towards cash accounting users, the system aims to simplify and expedite the cash reconciliation process at Amazon. The system you will contribute to building it, will provide an online self guided onboarding service to Account Receivables customers.
The complexity and scale of our services requires a Software Development Engineer who is interested in working on large scale, highly distributed systems and who can bring new ideas with the confidence to put them to the test as we change the transmission on the rapidly moving bus that is Amazon.
We are looking to build a cohesive, team-oriented group of engineers with someone who shares a passion for developing great software and has the desire to take their technical career to the next level. If you like solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
About the team
Checkbook team enables Accounting and all Amazon businesses to reconcile Amazon bank transactions across the globe supporting various currencies by processing billions of transactions. The team broadly impacts Amazon financial reporting results integrity and builds trust in our shareholders community.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Comfortable working with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
- Experience building high-volume, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
- Experience working with AWS services
- Experience working with non-technical customers and stakeholder
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, or a related field.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming