Come change the way the world sees the Cloud!
The CloudWatch Logs team builds and manages some of the largest logging systems in the world. CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems.
On the Logs team you'll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally - there's not many team's that can say that!
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Most days, our entire team is co-located in the Vancouver office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 9am to 5pm. People rarely come in or stay outside these hours.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Working experience with high concurrency, multi-threaded and distributed systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar; or equivalent experience
- Experience building and operating large volume reliable, resilient and scalable web services
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, check-pointing, and load balancing.
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Kinesis, Spark or other Big Data processing platforms.
- Experience mentoring other engineers.
Software and Programming