The AWS Migration Acceleration Services team's mission is to help customers, partners, and internal teams accelerate the migration and modernization of applications. We provide a single destination that brings together a curated set of migration related guidance, tools, workflows, and people from across AWS. The services we build guide customers through the migration process, automate complex tasks, and provide proactive guidance.
As a software development engineer on the AWS Migration Acceleration Services team, you will design and build products & services that will help enterprise companies migrate their workloads to AWS. Delivering a reliable and high-performance service at AWS scale requires engineers with extraordinary technical expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, we also expect engineers like you to interact with customers, to understand our business goals, and to innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a developer at AWS? You need to be creative, curious, responsible, and able to work with others to rapidly turn an idea into working code. You're excited about writing code, implementing big ideas, and helping to coach those around you to raise the team's bar for code quality. You want the opportunity to grow your technical and professional skills while helping AWS grow. You relish the opportunity to dig into complex operational issues and to help customers build the next generation of web applications. You're someone who knows how to work hard and deliver results but is also able to have fun while they are doing it.
A day in the life
About the team
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of COVID-19 guidelines, our team is located in the Vancouver office and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
This position involves periodic on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged, so we build our fault tolerant and root cause problems so we're not paged for the same issue twice. We have a track record extremely low count of pages year-round.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks, while collaborating with our Principal Engineer and other tenured Software Engineers. In addition, you'll get ample opportunities to coach and mentor our more junior engineers and help them grow their skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
This is a -time position, and in normal times, is based in our Vancouver, BC, office located in the heart of downtown with easy access to all forms of public transportation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 4 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stage / 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 3 ans d'expérience en programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation logiciel / 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience en tant que mentor, responsable technique OU dirigeant d'une équipe d'ingénieurs / Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- 4-to-10 years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Eagerness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming