Invent the next-generation architecture for mobile quality and resiliency. Build software-driven mechanisms to prevent, detect, and solve customer-facing problems delighting millions of customers who shop on one of the world's largest shopping apps!
You will design and build software loved by 150+ teams and thousands of Amazon engineers. You will solve large scale problems in our industry inventing solutions that don't exist in today's world. You will build upon your career accomplishments, bringing your ability to deliver to the next level, and achieve new heights.
At our scale, tiny details matter. For example, a crash in the shopping app affecting 0.1% of customers affects millions of people. An outage lasting minutes can have hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue impact. We're looking for engineers who insist on and strive for perfect customer shopping experiences solving problems that get in the way with elegant automated mechanisms - not manual effort. Every problem your solutions prevent will have millions of dollars of positive impact. Detecting a problem minutes or hours earlier will delight millions of people. Solving problems automatically before there is any customer impact is your gold standard when your solutions can't practically prevent the problem in the first place.
You will develop solutions with the latest technology at your fingertips and deliver with brilliant people who are passionate about our customers' experience.
Don't want to move? For this role, location is flexible and working fully remote may be an option.
Key job responsibilities
(1) You work with peer engineers to build simple designs to solve complex, endemic problems. (2) You leverage the latest technology to deliver premier software solutions. (3) You build and improve engineering practices on your team to ensure quality delivery on time. (4) You think deeply about operating your solutions in production and design and build the right metrics and mechanisms to minimize or eliminate impact from outages. (5) You design and build privacy and security into your software up front never compromising the trust customers place in us. (5) You mentor peers to help them learn new skills and grow in their careers while you grow in yours. (6) You celebrate success and learn from failure motivating your peers to continuously improve.
A day in the life
You'll spend most of your day designing and/or coding the software your team is delivering. In addition you will spend some time collaborating with peers and leadership to unblock you if you run into a challenge and ensure we understand the right things to build and remain on track to deliver.
About the team
Our organization's vision is to deliver flawless apps at a moment's notice. Your team's role is a critical piece both achieving a "flawless" app and being able to deliver it on a "moment's notice". Your team builds software and mechanisms to prevent, detect, recover, root cause and respond to large and small scale customer-facing problems. Your teams delivery delights millions of customers' lives every day!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience delivering mobile applications
- Experience delivering cross-team projects (where 2+ teams share delivery of the outcome)
- Experience delivering in an agile/scrum or related environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming