Come join a creative team pursuing some of the hardest scalability, performance, and computing challenges in AWS. Join the excitement of building new customer facing capabilities from the ground up and turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs.
Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of products. Because we sit at the nexus of all services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers. Providing a platform to support AWS's expanding business is a complex architectural challenge, and accurate cost and usage information is a critical piece. Enterprise-level customers make large dollar-value decisions based on the timeliness, accuracy, and detail of the data provided by our products.
You will take on architectural challenges in making billions of usage records available for various customers and their use cases. You will be empowered to think big, invent on behalf of our customers, make judgment calls and find elegant solutions to hard problems. You will have the opportunity to learn and use cutting edge technologies like Kinesis, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps to enable our largest customers to be able to evaluate their cost and usage data. AWS Billing & Procurement is changing fast and this is a dynamic role where you will both learn and grow while you contribute to the team's success.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. We are looking for an engineer to contribute to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and craftsmanship.
In this role you will:
- Help to define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other software developers to help define the scope of the product.
- You will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product goals, and developing best practices.
- You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in and other object-oriented languages.
- Build highly available, secure, and event-driven systems.
- Collaborate with and learn from some of the best software developers in the industry.
- Find out what it takes to engineer secured systems for Amazon Web Services.
- Contribute to planning, architecture, implementation, testing, and process improvement.
- Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Master's degree in computer science or related filed.
- 4+ years software development experience.
- Proven skills innovating and delivering.
- 2+ year of experience designing and developing large applications, tools, systems and services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming