AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/) is changing how businesses of any size think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customers a "serverless" way to create applications. Developers build scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without thinking about infrastructure, capacity management, or large-scale deployments. Many of the hard problems of distributed systems development are abstracted away by Lambda's simple programming paradigm, so that our customers can focus on solving business problems.
We are looking for software engineers who are passionate about building large scale services, performance and efficiency. As part of this team you will be responsible for building services that will scale Lambda to several million transactions per second. You will also be responsible for performance optimizations in an environment where we are already are at milliseconds of latency. You should be willing to read research papers, but also move quickly to deliver results to our customers.
If this is you, come help us solve problems like:
- Design and implement fault-tolerant systems and services that run at large scales and high availability guarantees.
- Dive into complex architectures, research and identify new technology that can help optimize performance
- Design and implement systems that will help Lambda achieve 5x the current scale within a year
- Design and implement software that will help minimize outages and improve the availability of our service
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services.
• Able to work in a diverse team.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• Experience with development in C/C++ or Java.
• Familiarity with Linux.
• Experience in communicating with other technical teams or customers to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming