Come help us build the fastest and most developer friendly edge computing platform on the planet. AWS CloudFront Compute team is building the next generation capabilities to enable rich, responsive applications at the edge at scale. Our Lambda@Edge and CloudFront Functions platforms process billions of requests per day across the globe allowing customers to run code at the edge within milliseconds. We have an exciting roadmap of features and enhancements to enable new scenarios for our demanding customers.
We are seeking experienced engineers interested in low latency request processing, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems. You'll thrive in this role if you are excited by sub-millisecond optimizations at scale and can embrace modern languages and edge technologies with ease. You will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with ownership of all phases of the development life-cycle, including architecture, design, implementation, testing, and deployment. If you're excited about edge computing, and want to work in a team that loves working hard while having fun, then join us in making Amazon CloudFront the most flexible and powerful edge computing platform in the Industry.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Deep knowledge and experience with algorithms, design, data structures, and problem solving
• Experience building large scale, low-latency, fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code in languages like Go, Rust, Java, C or C++
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with Linux, preferably containers and networking is a plus
• Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Sciences or related technical field is a plus
• Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming