Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At AWS, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers (SDEs) use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges SDEs solve for at AWS are big and influence millions of customers and their customers around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
Key job responsibilities
• Own design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
• Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
• Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
• Work closely with other teams across AWS and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
• Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latency, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
• Mentor intern or less experienced SDEs on the team.
• Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
• Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Come join us if you are passionate about building products and teams with an "AWS scale" business impact!
About the team
We work across all areas of Loss mitigation including our core data solution, insights and reporting, machine learning driven payment risk assessment, non-payment suspension, retrocharge etc. and the operational systems to support each of these areas. As a multi-functional team of experts, we deliver scaled solutions to be used globally.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4+ years software development experience (including at least 2+ years of non-internship experience)
• 1+ years of experience applying machine learning to solve real-world problems.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce, or other Big Data processing platforms.
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience building and operating highly-available online services and fault-tolerant systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years of Java, C/C++, or C#
• 5+ years experience with problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Previous technical internship(s).
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming