GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
At Prime over 150+ million paid members in 20+ countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime membership, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 150 million items.
If you want to work on one of Amazon's most well-recognized and impactful brand programs and you are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you!
Have you ever wondered how Amazon manages to delight our Prime members with personalized experiences at such a massive scale in all in real-time? Are you excited to work on building highly scalable and fault tolerant customer-facing applications? Then this is your opportunity!
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Python and the latest AWS capabilities!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in working in high-velocity scale and building systems that scale to handle high volumes of peak traffic
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through production launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with multiple stakeholders including product managers, partner technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experienced and passionate about solving problems scaling and meeting the demands of Amazon's ever-growing Prime membership base
• Ability to disambiguate a problem with limited supervision
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and self-motivation
• Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• 3+ years of experience designing and delivering web services, front-end and back-end systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming